Sunday, December 7, 2008

Western Band Wins 2nd Place

Woohoo to Western Marching Band! My daughter's school won 2nd place this year in the So.California School Band & Orchestra Association - Field Championships. The competition was held in Corona on Saturday and I was so happy that I was able to make it without being late!





When we got back, hubby went to go watch the fight with friends and the kids and I put up our xmas tree and decorations. (not sure why it looks so red!! Gen and Renee-- help me work my camera!!! LOL) Nothing special this year.... I didn't feel like searching for my Gold & Burgundy theme. I think next year I will go with the Silver and Brown! Ohhh!! I saw it at Target today and I think it really looks nice! Anyway, here is my plain-jane Xmas Tree (LOL) -
I didn't want the tree to look so empty, so I wrapped some presents and put them under the tree. Here is a picture of my son trying to help me wrap!
Lastly, I just couldn't go a weekend without touching my paper! :) Here is a LO I did for the Sketch Challenge on http://inspiredblueprints.typepad.com/inspired_blueprints/ (week #5 Sketch)





5 comments:

  1. Yay for 2nd place! Your LOs came out so super cute. I dunno how you took a red picture. I'll have to mess w/my camera and figure it out. Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 2nd place! Your LOs came out so super cute. I dunno how you took a red picture. I'll have to mess w/my camera and figure it out. Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics. Did you watch the boxing fight? What did you think of the ending? Love that page and your tree looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grace... no I didn't watch the fight. I stayed home and decorated. But my hubby says he gave up!

    Gen... thanks! yes, had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome on wining 2nd place! I love watching these kids get down!

    Your tree is pretty and your son is getting big!

    ReplyDelete