Sunday, October 19, 2008

Altered Item...

Those close to me know that I do not like to do any altered projects! I have really only done a few before... mostly for swaps or challenges. But on Thursday, I went to lunch at Chili's Restaurant with 3 other co-workers (NON-scrappers). On the table, there was a stack of those chipboard coasters. I picked one up, and said, "What do you see when you look at this?" My non-scrapbooking coworkers said what was the normal answer... "coaster", "square", etc. I said, "When I look at this, I see a potential project!" Then I went into explaining what I would do, and they looked at me crazy! LOL So I told them I would do something and bring it on Monday to show them. I then got permission from the Server to take some home.

So here is what the coasters looked like before I altered them:
And here is what it looks like after:
Here are the individual pieces close up: All I need to do is add pictures to it and DONE!

6 comments:

  1. You don't do altered? OMG! This is FANTASTIC!!

    Love everything about it. Really nice job. I want it WAAHH!!!

    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rocked these coasters, girl! you were so nice to ask if you could take them...i just stick them in the baby's bag! when did you come to new orleans?!?!?! when are you coming back?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through SoCalScrap, and I have to say that it is an awesome altered project, Rochelle! It's surprising that you don't do altered projects because you really did a fabulous job with these. I'm sure that your co-workers must have been surprised to see what you created with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are funny! LOL!
    I have asked a waitress there before..."Well..how many can you give me!?" LOL! I have made a cute mini book with them as well!
    Turned out great...love what you did, lovin those colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DH laughed at me the other day when I said the coaster on the table would make a great mini album. Lol. You did a great job on those. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete